Monday, September 15, 2008

My Gifts

I finally got my package sent off today. Even if we don't have the actual shower for a few weeks, I'll feel better just knowing that it's taken care of. I haven't started on the slideshow yet, but now that my gifts are mailed I can focus on that next.


For Cade, I made a little soft ABC/123 book with the beautiful quilt scraps Chelle shared with me. I didn't have a pattern, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.










For Rylan, I made a dolly. (She's holding a bouquet of pretty lollies; I'm not sure mom will thank me for that... lol). If you turn the jammies and hat around, dolly has a sleeping face on the other side.


I wasn't sure which book I was going to choose for their library until I got to the bookstore and saw Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. My two older kids love that book, and now they enjoy reading it to Emma. When the kids saw it sitting on my sewing table, they both insisted on reading it before I could convince them to go find their own copy on the bookshelf. Our family really loves that book, so I hope Rylan and Cade do too. (I forgot to take a picture before I wrapped it.)







I also tucked a few goodies in for Momma Leslie (a teacup and tea, a tube of Camille Beckman French Vanilla lotion, and a package of chocolate covered gummy bears).

I can't wait to see what the rest of you have been up to. So far I have definitely been impressed!

8 comments:

kt said...

oooh love this Dawna. The book is so cute and you did SOOO well just making it up from scratch!

I also love the doll. I had a cinderella one that had two faces too - absolutely loved it as I'm sure Rylan will love this one.

It's so great to see all the gifts starting to come together :D!

Skeller said...

I'm so tickled by these projects that are all using quilt scraps. So very adorable. So wonderfully coordinated.

I don't know what Rylan will like the better - the cute doll OR all that fabulous sugar?!?

Jacy said...

Chicka chicka boom boom is such an awesome book and a huge hit in our family too...loved the doll and the book everything seems to be so perfectly perfect I am inlove with everyone's gifts!
Wonderful job Dawna!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Loving the book!! :) Loving every thing, but that little book - wow! :)

Fairlightday said...

That book is so sweet. Fun stuff all around Dawna! What an amazing gift package you have put together! I love how you used so many of the scraps for the book. This is so fun seeing everyone's gifts before hand!

Amanda said...

so sweet...i LOVE the book...and the doll...such wonderful creativity. also, i am curious if you can give more specifics on what you will be looking for from each of us when it comes to slideshow stuff...

Dawna said...

Amanda- I would love to see pictures of you and your gifts, or just pictures of you. Also, I would love for everyone to send a quote that I can include. I'm also up for suggestions for good background music!

Anonymous said...

Such sweet gifts! The book is GREAT! The dolly is sooo cute, I love that she can sleep ;)

 
Made by Lena