Sunday, August 24, 2008

Welcome


Welcome

Welcome to our virtual online baby shower
for our lovely friend, Leslie,
and her darling little one, Cade.

Our main purpose is to shower Leslie with love and adoration
and to bless her in the same way
that she blesses so many of us.

We want to help Leslie prepare for the arrival of little man Cade.

Here is a little of our plan to date:

~ set up a temporary blog on which we can collaboratively work,
every online blogging friend will have access to this blog
and can post their ideas and finished items.

~ Having each blogging friend prepare a special post
and link to the baby shower blog on the day of the shower.

~Coming up with a collaborative gift for Leslie and Cade from the group.
Chelle is already working on quilts for Rylan and Cade
and is willing to allow us to participate in some way to make it a group gift.
(Possibly by contributing fabric that she specifies or donating towards the
total cost of the quilt.)

~ Finding out what baby items Leslie still needs and coordinating their
collection and delivery.


Here are some facts that we know:
~Susan of "Short on Words" has most generously
agreed to be our real life go-between.
She is going to be collecting all of our gifts and then
delivering them to Leslie.
She will also be our subtle sleuth for finding things out for us. :)

~Leslie is registered at Target.

~Rylan & Cade will be sharing a room.
The walls are staying the same beautiful muted green, but the pink is coming out.
Everything is being replaced by primary colors,
with a retro toy-like feel,
alphabet letters framed around the room.



{You can view Leslie's first post about the nursery decorating
here and a new one should be coming soon
as she and Nick were busy swapping things
out on Saturday.}

~ Baby Boy clothes are a necessity at this point.
(Does any one know Leslie's preference on this stuff?
No logos, cutesie animals, etc?)


Here are a few more ideas we are tossing around:

~ Asking each person to include a children's book
to help start baby Cade's library.
Maybe really "boy" books such as
Mike Mulligan and the Steam Shovel,
Norman the Doorman,
the Billy and Blaze series,
Curious George, etc.
Primary colors and vintage or contemporary illustrations
would be an extra bonus. :)

~ Each person using the fabrics Chelle is using in the quilt
to personalize little things for Cade such as:
little onesies with applique
a receiving blanket or two with his name or an applique
a hooded terry bath towel edged with a contrasting fabric
burp clothes
a sling
bibs
a softie
fabric blocks or balls

~ making a little notebook or scrap book
full of wisdom, advice, and inspiration for Leslie.
One person would start it, decorate a page (or 3)
and then mail it to the next person.
At the end we could add it to the collection of shower gifts
and she would have a whole little book full of
sweet ideas, lovely quote, picture inspirations,
notes, and blessings from all of her friends.
We would have to work on this one quickly,
with each person only getting a few days
before sending it on to the next person.Please give us some feedback!
We would love to hear all your ideas.
We will be putting together a mast gift list/plan
in the next couple of days.
If you know anyone in the blogging world
who is a close friend of Leslie's and you think would like to be included,
please e-mail one of the administrators of this blog
and we will send them an invitation.

Please, please remember that secrecy is of the utmost concern!
Only use this blog or private email to communicate
about the shower.
We want this to be a total and complete surprise to Leslie.
Shhh! :)

Let's have lots of fun and
bless the socks of Leslie and baby Cade.

Administrators:
Andi of Tales of a Crafty Mama
Please do not contact them through their blogs about the shower. Thank you!

Maternity pictures used with permission from Susan of Short on Words

8 comments:

Amanda said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this whole idea. I am IN! i would love to contribute in anyway...i could totally do some hooded bath towels (i currently have some bright primary color towels just waiting to be whipped up--although rereading i saw the part about edging it with a contrasting fabric...not sure exactly what you're looking for here...but would totally work on it, if you elaborate!). i would also love to make some little soft soled baby shoes (perhaps this could be with the coordinating fabric chelle has). also, you can count me in on the curious george book(s)...we are george fanatics, and i actually have stacks of the books to give as shower gifts. i will also include a sock monkey!

this is such a FABULOUS idea!

Chelle said...

oh Amanda's in!!! YAY!!!!

Chelle said...

oh and Amanda, I'd be happy to send you a package with some pieces of the fabric I am using in her quilt if you wanted...how much yardage would you need for your hooded bath towels?

Lisa said...

okay, I am loving all of these fantastic ideas!!!
Trying to figure out how I can contribute, since I do not sew....
Let me know what I can do - I would be willing to contribute to the price of the quilts or send a gift and books or add in anyway I can.....

So thrilled to see her reaction to all of this....

When are you girls thinking of having everything done???

Chelle said...

promise I will post pics of the fabrics soon...

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses said...

What a wonderful idea! I'd like to make her something, but only being able to crochet (and a beginner) I'd do my best! How much time do I have so I can get started right away?!

Hugs & Blessings!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm excited to be a part of this! I feel a little behind on the plan making so let me know what still needs to be done - I'll kind of go from there.
I'll spend tonight and tomorrow going over the blog to get more info as well ;)

 
Made by Lena