Tuesday, September 30, 2008

First Draft of Slideshow

Ok. Here's my first attempt at the slideshow. I've tweaked things about 150 times, but I'm guessing there are probably that many more things that still need to be adjusted. I'm still missing a few photos (Andrea, MamaChanga... do you really exist??? I couldn't find photos of you) and I know Katie is sending one; I tried to dig out everyone's current photos and quotes from all the sources (emails and posts) but I'm sure I'm missing some. Please email me anything you've got (mudpies4all@gmail.com). I'm also willing to make changes if you don't like the way I've set up your slides (flower choices, colors, layout, etc.) Please let me know what I can do to make this better for everyone. Thanks, Dawna PS- Don't forget to pause the music on the playlist (sidebar) before starting the video.

12 comments:

Dawna said...

Now that I've uploaded it and watched it again (not in preview mode) I can see that I need to adjust timings on a few of the slides with longer text.

Also, I have another slide of Lisa's quote where the text is a larger and prettier font.

Other additions or changes?

kt said...

wow Dawna seriously wow. was nearly crying watching this - she's so going to love it and cry all the way through it. ahh I'm so excited!

Also I realised that's the first time I've ever seen a pic of you! So nice to put a face (and a beautiful one at that) to a name..I'm loving the colour of your hair. simply stunning :)

yeah I think just the timing. I love the little story before hand too :)

I will send through a quote aswell:)

Andi Mae said...

Dawna, this is so beautiful! I love how you did the beginning, with the little story of how it all came to be. It made me cry! She is going to love this so much!

P.S. Is it too late to send you a little sample photo of the messy journal + a quote?

Dawna said...

Andi- send away. I have plenty of room for your contributions! :-)

Fairlightday said...

Excellent job Dawna! It looks wonderful. I too love the beginning story. It's the perfect way to start off the slide show. And I'm with Katie, that's the 1st time I've ever seen you too! You look lovely. :)
The only thing I could see with the slideshow is the timing. I had to pause it a couple of times to read some of the quotes and letters.
Can't wait to see the updated version! One thing I'm wondering, is there a url or something where you could email the slideshow or is it simply built into blogger?
Hugs all around!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Wow. I am crying. Because it all is just so beautiful! -Especially the story and the love! :) You did a magnificent job!
I loved the flowers all over the slide show!
The only thing I was trying to brain storm on (and maybe you already have this covered...) was an easier/clearer to see and read it all? I recently posted a video to my blog using one true media(onetruemedia.com) and it made my video bigger than the uploading tool on blogger. All you have to do is upload to one true media,then they give you the code to copy/paste. Just a thought.
Thank you so much Dawna!! :)

Jacy said...

Oh, Dawna this is probably the most beautiful little thing, Im crying over here because of the sweetness and to just see it all come together. Wow. SHes gonna love it!

Lisa said...

ABSOLUTLY PERFECT!!!!!
Thanks Dawna - I don't think it could be better!

And thank you Susan for sending in a picture of my gift - you ladies are the best....

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am absolutly amazed every time I come to this site! Beautiful. If its okay I will send a picture and a little message too. (Sorry I've been sick lately and haven't gotten much done!)

Aminta said...

This was beautiful!!! My goodness, what an awesome job. Thank you!!!!!
I really feel badly that this nappy bag is taking so very long for me to complete. I will try and finish it this morning. :(
Loves to you Dawna!
Aminta

Skeller said...

Awwwww.... this is just wonderful. Thank you, Dawna. What a sweet labor of love.

Chelle said...

Bless your beautiful heart Dawna, you made us ALL cry...this slideshow is exquisite...it's perfect and Leslie is going to be so incredibly blessed by it...and I have to agree with the rest of the girls (1. I love the little story at the beggining explaining how it all came about and (2. that you are one gorgeous lady...

Thank you so much for this....it's killing me!!!!!!!! I can hardly, hardly wait for Lelsie to see it...

 
Made by Lena