Sunday, September 21, 2008

Beating the Bedrest Blues...

Now that Leslie is on bedrest, I'm wondering if everyone is close to finishing their gifts so we could bump the shower back up to before Cade is born to bring Leslie a little cheer and lift her spirits.

Chelle, how are the quilts coming? Has everyone sent their messy journal pages to Andi? And Aminta, how much time do you need to finish the D.B. (diaper bag!)? I don't want to rush anyone or cause undue stress, but if we could get this together in the next two weeks I think Leslie could really use the pick-me-up.

I spoke with her this morning and doctors are still debating a due date. Sounds like a toss-up between the 7th and 15th (I think those were the dates she gave me), although there is one doc pushing for next Friday. It sounds like the baby is pretty small so I think they want to give him extra time to grow while doing what is best for baby and mom.

Let me know how you're coming along and if you think we could pull this off by, say 10/3 or 10/4.

Love and blessings to you all, my dear friends. ~Dawna

14 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I think this is a marvelous idea - of course I am done with my messy journal pages and my gift is safe and sound at Susan's, so I really shouldn't be the one talking. :)
I was just thinking this same thing though - when Leslie was having a rough time of it the last few days. I thought - oh if only we could just shower her now and bring her SO much joy!!

kt said...

I like this idea Dawna :)

the dates sound great too.

Although I'm also with Wendi, all of my items are finished and sent.

Dawna, I will try and email a pic for the slideshow this week :)

Erica Young said...

I've been MIA for awhile but would love to send some baby books. Where do I send them to and what types of books do you think Leslie would want. I don't know her as well as everyone else does. But I would love to help out in any way I can. I know she would love some cheering up.

Fairlightday said...

My projects are almost finished up. So I should be able to send them out some time this week. And I haven't done my journal pages yet, but they are on the list to go out this week as well. Sorry Andi!

kt said...

Hi Erica,
Welcome aboard :)

we have all posted our items to Susan, who is our real life go-between and will deliver the gifts to leslie in person on the shower date. Email her at
susankeller@sbcglobal.net and she will send you through her address.

In the very first post Fairlight listed up some ideas for books to build cade's library

"Maybe really "boy" books such as
Mike Mulligan and the Steam Shovel,
Norman the Doorman,
the Billy and Blaze series,
Curious George, etc.
Primary colors and vintage or contemporary illustrations
would be an extra bonus. :)"

maybe biblical books, golden books, classic like Peter Rabbit? my favourite book growing up was sesame street golden book: the Monster at the end of the book. I'm sure whatever you will pick will be so love and appreciated.

Dawna is also doing up a slideshow and including pics of us with our gifts/quotes :)you can email your pis to her.

Don't forget to post up your gift so we can all see too :)

Amanda said...

i'm with wendi and katie...although i too have sent my package off already. but oh how it would be wonderful to bring her some joy in the midst of the waiting and rough times. susan, if you haven't already got my package you should soon...and i need to pop a card in the mail since i TOTALLY spaced on putting it in the box. oops...perhaps you could put a little tag with it that it is from me! :)

Aminta said...

Oh how exciting! I can for sure it it done this week and send it off. Just wanted to know how much time I had is all. Thank you for the concer for time, I appreciate it as do the other girls.
I know I can do it then, just set the date! Poor Leslie, time to get that darling some cheer!
Loves, Aminta
And hey, what is a messy journal? lol, I have no idea. And I can send a book, maybe we should have a list to make sure doubles are not sent?

Dawna said...

I just updated the gift list on the right to reflect what we have seen or what the ladies have said they are sending. I also updated the book list. Let me know if I'm missing anything.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Just an idea for you girls.
Since some of us came to the shower blog later than others and it takes a while to scroll back and back and back to find some of the original posts, perhaps you could link to the original when discussing things. For instance, when you talk about the slide show, maybe link back to the one where you discussed the details, email adress, etc. When you talk about sending gifts out, perhaps link to a post where it shared that Susan was the one to mail them to and had her address. Messy journal, books, shower details, same thing. :)
I know it is hard to organize all of this with so many people involved and coming into it at different times. Isn't it amazing how many are on board now. :)
*Giddy-little-girlish-giggle*
~Wendi

Dawna said...

Great idea, Wendi. I'll see if I can update some of the more current discussions with links today, and we'll keep that in mind for future posts!

Jacy said...

Dear Aminta, I just wanted to let you know...that I didn't make a diaper bag :) I made softblocks, sent her a book some chocolates and a messy journal page :)
A messy journal page is a scrapbook page with ANYTHING on it, you can make it anyway you want (quotes, poems, letters, pictures, words of encouragement etc.) then send them all to Andi Mae and she puts them together with binder rings and it makes a cute little keepsake journal for Leslie :)
Love you dearie and I can't wait to see your adorable db :D loves

Chelle said...

Wow....there has been a lot of action around here ladies! And I couldn't even log on to check until I got this here fine and dandy brand spaking new wireless keyboard set up this morning.I have at least two full days left to work on the quilts...very slow progress I am afraid. :( But my goal my package for Leslie in the mail to Susan by Wednesday. I hope that helps with your figuring it all out. And I do apologize that it's taking me so long to get them completed. I know most of you ladies have had your gifts sent off for days now. But please don't hold up for me, I want Leslie to be in on all of this asap, just imagine the boost to her spirits it's going to give her. I have a feeling it may be just the thing to help her get through the challenges that still lay ahead.

Mom2Da'Gorgeouses said...

Okay, all I have left to do is tuck in. So I should be able to get it out by tomorrow afternoon. I'm so excited to have her in on this, she thought the internet sent her flowers, wait until she sees this!

Hugs & Blessings!

Lisa said...

I think it's a great idea - Susan has mine, but I do need to get you that picture! Should I e-mail it to you?

 
Made by Lena