Wow, ladies! The energy and love in this blog is pretty amazing. You are all amazing. And I am grateful to be a part of this process!
I earlier suggested Saturday, 9/20 as a potential date , but Saturday doesn't work for many of you. As a teacher, workdays don't normally work well for me; however, I am now off work recovering from surgery for the next three weeks and I would like to propose Friday, September 19 as a possible date to be considered (or some other day that week). I am hoping to maximize the amount of time we have to put our gifts together, while still getting things to Leslie well in advance of Cade's anticipated arrival.
As for the slideshow, I'm glad to hear that many of you are interested in adding things to it. I can build the basic slideshow before I get all of your pictures and well-wishes, then add them as you e-mail them to me. If 9/19 will work as a shower date, how about 9/15 as a deadline for photos and quotes. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I would love to have a picture of each lady with her gift (we won't reveal the slideshow until she has received her presents), and also any sentiment you would like to share with Leslie.
One more thought for the slideshow.... I love the photo collages that Chelle and a few others have made. I would love to have a collage with the quilt in the middle and the pictures of all of the ladies involved around the outside to use as the opening/closing slides for the slideshow. Do you think that would work and, if so, would someone who is good with collages volunteer to put it together?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I'm not sure about the date- I guess it kind of depends how involved we will have to be the actual day of the shower. I have family coming into town that day for my daughter's birthday...but it would probably work :)
But as far as the photo collages go, I know that Chelle created hers via images that were posted on Flickr, so I think that all of our photos would have to be uploaded onto there first for it to work. Correct me if I'm wrong, Chelle!
I think that date will work, I'll have to check the calender just to be sure, but I think we can work with it.
The collages are made with flickr photos but you can use your own picts from your computer. I volunteer Chelle! :) She does the best job.
The slide show sounds like it's going to look great. Fridays are a little hard for me to get to my computer, but I might be able to be here for it.
Collage is a great idea and I too like Chelle's hers are amazing looking!
question about the whole date thing...and our "involvement" in the day. not sure what we would be doing the day of the shower...other than sending our gifts...etc...can someone elaborate!
Of course I would be happy to make a collage. And I am good whith whatever date you lady's come up with, as long as it is not a weekend.
Post a Comment