{ the following is an email we recieved from Leslie last night,
and of course I want to pass it on to the rest of you,
some of you I am sure have already read it }

Dear Family and Friends,
As most if not all of you know, we are gearing up and getting ready to welcome another baby into our lives. A son. Cade Nicholas Patopoff. He is scheduled to arrive in October and so the weeks are winding down the tummy is getting oh so large and so are our hearts for him, and as it went last time we are hitting a lot of complications.
I would love to urge you on our behalf to pray for the safety of Cade and his arrival. We have multiple obstacles at this point.
1. Kidney Stones as usual. I currently have a kidney stone stuck that they are considering removing via surgery next week. They will preform an x-ray prior to the procedure and the risks of that scare as they would any parent. Please pray for protection against the radiation, etc. My dr.s assure me that should this all be necessary internally he is developed and his exposure would be no different than x-ray'ing a newborn baby. He will be 33 weeks gestation.
2. Blood Issues/ Severe Anemia - This is a new one with us, I have always had anemia but not in this severity. I have had multiple iron injections and yet still have no stored up for my delivery which is a c-cection. This prompted my doctors to look into other issues and it seems I have a blood clotting disorder as well which we are concerned about. I am meeting with a blood specialist hopefully very very soon. (You have to love HMO's) So please pray for enough Iron for his delivery and for this other "fears" to be non-existent. Also that if I should have to have the transfusion which they are predicting at delivery that all goes smoothly.
3. Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy - (I have included a link with some information) I did have this also with Rylan and so many of you prayed, it appears to have set in last week and Im officially really suffering as the medication has yet to give me solid relief and its very draining. Mostly though I fear for Cade's safety as stillborn is a very very high risk. Please pray for discernment from my dr.s. He will be monitored 3x a week for now and as it progresses we will watch him closer. The rough patches of this are complete loss of appetite, insane itching, and loss of sleep. I have also started to see busted blood vessels which means I know the medications are not controlling the issue. Its simply maddening.
These are my major areas of concern right now. I think you all for being there for our family I know a lot of times we keep so many out of the loop. We are VERY excited to welcome Cade into our home but I truly feel as I did with Rylan that he will be nothing short of a miracle to overcome the obstacles set before him. The Lord defiantly has a plan for him and his life, and I'm excited for the day not far off when he will be in our arms. A dear friend caught some pictures of our family right now and I thought I would pass them along as we are so waiting on our little man. Rylan is as excited as anyone and constantly roams the house looking for "ba-by", its going to be amazing to watch the two of them.
In His Grace,
Nick, Leslie, & "big sister" Rylan



2 comments:
Oh how I am praying! Thanks for sharing this.
Praying, praying praying!!!
Post a Comment