Thursday, September 18, 2008

It May Be Slow, But It's Made With Love...

Well, I'm still working on the last bit of my gifts, I didn't anticipate that it would take this long because I didn't expect to encounter any snags along the way (which I have). The hats were quick, it's the crocheted blanket that I've had to frog a few times (I'm relatively new to this crafty stuff, but I know how much hand made items mean to Leslie, so I'm doing my best). I had hoped to have it done by tomorrow, but it's looking more like Saturday or Sunday (since I'm such a slowpoke), so I'll have it shipped hopefully by Monday to Susan. I have really enjoyed working on it, and end up sort of in a meditative state praying for Leslie and Cade and her beautiful family. I've shared her story with my family, as well as my gratitude for being able to feel like I'm doing something for her. They are praying along with me for them, and know all too well that prayers are the greatest gift we can give someone. Now and then, Da'Gorgeouses will reach out and touch the blanket and say, "It's for the baby!" The other nice thing is, that even without intending to, I picked the pattern that my grandma (who just recently passed away) first taught me how to crochet (visually without a pattern) and it's brought back such wonderful memories, so it's been a double blessing!

Once I'm finished I can post and take some pics!

Keeping Leslie, Nick, Rylan and Baby Cade in our thoughts & prayers.

Hugs & Blessings!

2 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

This is such a sweet post! I love how doing this for Leslie has given us such great satisfaction and neat little memories along the way.
Can't wait to see your wonderful creations!

Fairlightday said...

My gifts are going slow as well, so don't feel bad at all. I'm sure it will be absolutely lovely. And something handmade has so much heart in it. Can't wait to see it!

 
Made by Lena